- The data we collect about you and how it is collected
- How we use your personal data
- Sharing your personal data
- Legal basis of processing
- International transfers of data
- Data security
- Data retention
- Customer content
- Links to other websites
- Your rights
- Data from minors
- Contact us
- Changes to this policy
Throughout this document, references to Retail Meetup, LLC should be read to also include Retail Meetup’s affiliates Shoptalk Commerce, LLC and Groceryshop, LLC. References to Retail Meetup’s Website should be read to include subdomains of the Retail Meetup website (for example Groceryshop Spring Meetup’s subdomain).
We respect your right to privacy and always comply with your wishes to remove your data from our systems, for further details, see the "Your Rights" section below.
This policy gives you information about how Retail Meetup, LLC collects and processes your personal data through your use of the Retail Meetup website, data you submit through webforms, joining mailing lists or use of Retail Meetup technology and apps.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, express interest in obtaining information about our products and services, use our Website chatbot, participate in our events or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use.
The personal information we collect may include the following: name, address, email address and phone number, job title, profile information, username and password, contact preferences, billing details, assistant details.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage data: Log and usage data is service-rated, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity inthe Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings)
- Device data: We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet Service Provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
We use personal information collected for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- Provide you with information about and access to the events we produce.
- Analyze profile or behavioral data to help us improve the events, products and messaging we offer to you.
- To inform other participants in our events of your participation in our events, such as through our meeting and collaboration programs and our mobile apps, for purposes relating to their presence at our events and the purposes for which you might attend our events as set forth in our various messaging and communications.
- To inform editorial media and equity analysts that are attending our events to facilitate their editorial coverage.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of Retail Meetup event services to you and other participants, including user-user communication. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing your account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our events and services.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our events and services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
The above list does not cover customer content, including any personal data about you that may be shared during Retail Meetup event meetings, Tabletalks or other formats associated with our events. See Customer Content section below for more information.
We may share your personal data with selected third parties, including:
- Service providers, who provide IT systems, customer management systems, visitor registration systems, event management systems and administration services and who will process your data in accordance with the terms of our data processing agreements with them. These include providers such as Personatech (an affiliate of Retail Meetup, LLC), Google, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Marketo, Salesforce, Rakuten.
- Partner companies involved in the delivery of Retail Meetup events, namely Shoptalk Commerce, LLC, Groceryshop, LLC and Retail Meetup, LLC.
- Other Retail Meetup event participants, to allow participants to interact with each other via the App, web browser or email.
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection).
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We encourage our service providers to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by our service providers is governed by the privacy policies of those service providers and is not subject to our control.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Retail Meetup, LLC may store or process personal data in any country where we or our service providers have facilities. By providing personal data for any of the purposes stated above, you acknowledge that your personal data may be transferred to or stored in the United States or in other countries around the world. Such countries may have data protection rules that are different and less protective than those of your country.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. If your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted over the internet; any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to your information within our control and possession.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements (unless a longer period is required or permitted by law).
In certain circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see 'Your rights' below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Customer content is the “in-session” information you give us directly through your participation in Retail Meetup events, such as meeting data, chat logs, files and any other information uploaded while participating in an event. Retail Meetup, LLC uses customer content only in connection with providing the Services--we do not monitor, sell or use customer content for any other purposes.
We do not control the actions of anyone with whom you or any other Event participant may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that any customer content you or any user provides will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Nor can Retail Meetup, LLC control the information a user may choose to share during a meeting. You should be cautious about the access you provide to others when using the Retail Meetup Event technology and the information you choose to share when using the technology. The Retail Meetup Event technology includes networking features, including video meetings and chat functionality. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
We may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites operate independently from our Website and are not under our control. These sites may have their own privacy notices in place, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of these sites, any products or services that may be offered through these sites, or any other use of these sites.
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of any information we hold about you
- Withdraw any consents you have given
- Opt out of email marketing
- Ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete information we have about you
- Ask us to delete your information from our records
- Ask us to send a copy of your information to a third party in a data portable format
- Object to the processing of your information when we process it for direct marketing purposes on the basis of our legitimate interest
- Ask us to suspend the processing of your information
- Lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority
If you would like to unsubscribe from our communications at any time, you may do so in the footer of any of our emails.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the details below. A fee is not usually payable to exercise your rights (although we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive). We will ask you to provide identification to ensure that we are providing information to the correct person. We will try to respond to requests within a month.
In a small subset of circumstances, we will keep some personal information that you have asked us to remove for the following purposes: (i) troubleshoot problems; (ii) assist with investigations; (iii) enforce our Site rules; or (iv) comply with legal requirements
Therefore, you should not expect that all of your Personally Identifiable Information will always be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
As well as the rights described above, if you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
If you are a resident of California you may have a right pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code to obtain certain information about the types of personal data (if any) that we have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties.
Retail Meetup, LLC does not share data with third parties for direct marketing purposes, however please contact us using the details below if you would like to exercise any of your rights explained above in relation to your personal data.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the website, app or any other Retail Meetup assets, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor’s provision of data. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact using the details below.
Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing us at: Retail Meetup, LLC, 605 Third Avenue, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10158
This policy was last updated on November 12 2020. Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy. Archived copies can be obtained by contacting us at the address above.